As regular speakers and contributor to photography magazines, conventions and podcasts, Gary and Julie get emails and calls every week from photographers who want more information about their business and methods. In this section of the website you can find information about where they will be presenting, what kind of mentoring they offer, gear they use and other ways to get in touch.
How can I book Gary as a speaker for my event?
Throughout the year Gary books speaking engagements on a limited basis. Previous engagements include:
- Creative Live
- Imaging USA
- Photo Pro Expo
- SWPP – London
- FOCUS – Orlando
If you are interested in booking Gary Hughes to be a presenter at your event, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details. Most speaking engagements are selected with a minimum of 4 months in advance.
Is mentoring available?
One on one mentoring is available on a limited basis via video chat. Send an email to email@example.com to talk about setting up an appointment.
What gear do you use?
- Canon 5D mk IV
- Canon 5D mk III
- Canon 16-25mm F2.8
- Canon 24-70mm F2.8
- Canon 70-200mm F2.8
- Canon 85mm 1.8
- Canon 600exrt Speedlites
Studio Lighting (Photogenic/Photoflex)
- Photogenic Matrix 400 Studio Strobes
- Photogenic ION Battery Packs
- Photoflex Small OctoDome
- Photoflex Large Octodome
- Photoflex 9 in 1 Disc Reflectors
- Paul C. Buff 86″ PLM System
- Photoflex TransPac Gear Bags
- Pelican 1510
Go Bag Gear
- XP Photo Gear Speedbox 70
- Paul C. Buff 56″ PLM Soft Silver Umbrella
- Sweetlight Sysems 4×6 and 3×4 Reflector Systems
- Manfrotto 1051BAC3 Portable Light Stands
- Magmod Flash Kit (Dome and Gels)
How else can I get in touch?
Gary has several classes available on Creative Live, Photovision and PPAedu that cover a wide range of topics. You might find the answer to many of your questions there. Although Gary and Julie do not take mentoring or business questions directly you can listen to Gary every week on the Photobomb Podcast and submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need more individual attention you can ask about setting up a mentoring session via video chat by emailing email@example.com
Where can I get Gary's Book?
You can purchase a copy of “Photographing Headshots” from Amazon (you can get a great deal on it if you are a Prime member).
Where can I see Gary speak?
Upcoming Speaking Engagements:
- January 16th-19th, 2019 – SWPP Convention – London, England
- February 14th – 16th, 2019 – Virginia PPA Annual Convention – Newport News, VA
- February 27th – March 1st – WPPI Conference and Expo – Las Vegas, NV
- April 23rd and 24th, 2019 – Shutterfest 2019 – St. Louis, MO
- April 27th, 2019 – Texas School of Professional Photography – Dallas, TX
- May 13h and 14th, 2019 – The Newborn and Portrait Show – Coventry, UK
Sign Up for the Email List
Once a month, Gary sends out an email newsletter called Photographers Only. It has links to upcoming classes and webinars, YouTube videos, and other great educational content curated just for photographers. You will also receive information periodically about discounts on gear and other products for sale.