As regular speakers and contributor to photography magazines, conventions and podcasts, Gary and Julie get emails and calls every week from photographers who want more information about their business and methods. In this section of the website you can find information about where they will be presenting, what kind of mentoring they offer, gear they use and other ways to get in touch.
Gary's Online Store
For photographers who have seen one of Gary’s online courses, seen him speak, or attended one of his webinars, there is an online store with even more resources available, like:
- Gary’s four-part headshot business course, Kickstart Your Headshot Business
- The Headshots Mini Session Survival Guide
- Headshot email templates
- A headshot branding and sales guide
- And more being added regularly
How can I book Gary as a speaker for my event?
Throughout the year Gary books speaking engagements on a limited basis. Previous engagements include:
- Creative Live
- Imaging USA
- Photo Pro Expo
- SWPP – London
- FOCUS – Orlando
If you are interested in booking Gary Hughes to be a presenter at your event, email email@example.com with the details. Most speaking engagements are selected with a minimum of 4 months in advance.
Is mentoring available?
One on one mentoring is available on a limited basis via video chat. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about setting up an appointment.
What gear do you use?
- Canon EOS R5
- Canon EOS RP
- Canon XC10
- Canon RF 35mm 1.8
- Canon 16-35mm F2.8
- Canon 24-70mm F2.8
- Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8 IS
- Canon 85mm 1.8
- Canon Pro Series 2100 Printer
Studio Lighting (Flashpoint/Godox)
- Flashpoint XPLOR 300 Pro
- Flashpoint eVOLV 200
- Flashpoint XPLOR 100 Pro
- Glow EZ Lock 38″ Deep Octa
- Photoflex 9 in 1 Disc Reflectors
- Paul C. Buff 86″ PLM System
- Photoflex TransPac Gear Bags
- Pelican 1510
- Get the full list of Portable “Go-Bag” gear HERE with links to Adorama
How else can I get in touch?
Gary has several classes available on Creative Live, Photovision and PPAedu that cover a wide range of topics. You might find the answer to many of your questions there. Although Gary and Julie do not take mentoring or business questions directly you can listen to Gary every week on the Photobomb Podcast and submit questions to email@example.com. If you need more individual attention you can ask about setting up a mentoring session via video chat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I see Gary speak?
Upcoming Speaking Engagements 2021:
- July 22nd – 25th – Photobomb Podcast LIVE @ Focus 2021 – Gainesville, FL
- August 15-19th – WPPI– Las Vegas, NV
- January 16th-18th, 2022 – Imaging USA – Washington D.C.
Sign Up for the Email List
Once a month, Gary sends out an email newsletter called Photographers Only. It has links to upcoming classes and webinars, YouTube videos, and other great educational content curated just for photographers. You will also receive information periodically about discounts on gear and other products for sale.